Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pardon the Intermission

Whew, it has been quite some time since my first post! Thankfully, I'm sure those of you who read my blog in May are just friends and family, so I trust that you will stick with me now.

Much has happened since that fateful rainy night in May when I decided to embark on this journey, and I must admit that am pretty amazed and happy with the way things have turned out. Before I begin telling stories, for all of the overly curious out there: Yes, I am still going to ride a bicycle from Cape Sata to Cape Soya for the benefit of the Japanese Red Cross. The only difference is that things are a astoundingly more legitimate now compared to mere pipe dream they once were.

I would like to note here that in my blog I will constantly strive for illustration rather than documentation. This is my first bicycle touring trip, so I am sure the act of riding a bike every day will be new and exciting for me. However, I am equally sure that cobbling together blog posts from my daily routine would quickly bore everyone straight to death. “I woke up...early. I rode my bike for 4-6 hours *insert description of terrain* then I ate and slept in some order.” Riveting.

Now that we're at an understanding, I would now like to begin the Great Catch Up on what I've been doing for the past two months. The full explanation is a bit too long-winded for a single post, so I will break it into parts, the end culminating just in time for the beginning of my trip, which is actually next week! What follows will be a series of vignettes, if you will, chronicling the adventures of a highly inexperienced (read foolish) person in their quest to do something marginally meaningful.

Before I leave you, here's are some pictures!
This is the bike, soon I will be auctioning the chance to name her for a hefty donation
Thanks for all those of you who dealt with my long absence, and thanks to those of you who are just tuning in. As with all of my posts, I will now cordially ask for a donation to the Japanese Red Cross. If you'd like some information on why that might be nice, check out my Donation Information Page across the top! Or just hit the button at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment