Friday, August 26, 2011

Halfway There?

There a few thing one can do in a bathroom. There's number 1. Then there's number 2. I am not sure how the numbering works after that, nor am I sure that writing a blog is even enumerated, but here I am anyways, writing to my adoring fan(s) from my accomodations for the night.

You can't beat the price, or the bank vault of a door!
I stated from the very outset that I wanted anyone reading this to really get a sense of my experience, and I must say this is a pretty interesting experience. However, I have had the good fortune to stay with kind friends, and in warm beds for 15 of the last 17 days (thanks to my amazing sister and couch surfing), so one night in the loo isn't going to ruffle my feathers too much. 

In other news, it looks like I actually AM riding across this country. I still find it hard to believe, but the halfway point has already come and gone, just a bit before Tokyo. Furthermore, of the $2,050 I would like to raise, we have already reached $960! Thank you so much to everyone who has donated already, and I assure you that proper thank you's are coming when I am off the bike and have a bit more time on my hands.

Lastly (for now), I have recently noticed that 40 and 50 mile days are beginning to feel like pushovers, so I have decided to try and average about 80 km (60 miles?) for the rest of the trip. At that rate, with only a few rest days, I can reach my goal in a little over 20 days. How nuts is that?! My next post will be some more daily recaps, I just wanted to take a moment to connect from the bathroom :)
Just brushing my teeth, in a bathroom, no big deal


2 comments:

  1. You better not ride too fast, I just submitted your story to 9 news! Hopefully they'll jump on it before you finish this whole thing, haha. I actually think there's a good chance they'll follow up on this for two main reasons:
    1) You have been ridiculously lucky so far, so why wouldn't that luck just continue
    2) Cycling is HUUUGE in Colorado right now! Ever heard of a little thing called the US Pro Cycling Challenge? Yeah, me either, until last week when it happened. The largest cycling event in US history took our little state by storm! And showed the world, just in case they didn't know, that our state is awesome :)

    Good luck buddy, but seriously let me know how to get a hold of you in case 9 news contacts me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty,
    Wanna hear something crazy? My mom submitted something to 9news about Dylan's bike riding also! 9news HAS to get back to one of you.

    ReplyDelete